Thursday, October 4

I am reminded of how important it is to our freedom to be able to read. And especially to read the Word of God. That's where true liberty comes from.
I bring all this up because the boys and I have been working on reading and how the Bible speaks of reading, particularly the passages about having the Scripture read out loud to the people and the effect it had on the people...
Well, today we were reading from the VOM, Voice of the Martyrs, magazine, and the topic was on a conversion as well as persecution in India. That led to a closer look into this country.

Only 61% of the people there are literate and as a result they are kept in darkness about the Truth and they continue to believe that the bug or rat crawling around them could possibly be their uncle! As well as the caste system...such bondage.
My point is that the Father in heaven made a point to have people hear His Word, and in order to do that, one had to know how to read. Here are just a few verses that speak of this:


Neh. 8:8 (NLT) They read from the Book of the Law of God and clearly explained the meaning of what was being read, helping the people understand each passage. Jeremiah 36:8 (NLT) Baruch did as Jeremiah told him and read these messages from the Lord to the people at the Temple.
Jeremiah 51:63 (NLT) Then, when you have finished reading the scroll, tie it to a stone, and throw it into the Euphrates River.
Acts 13:15 (NLT) After the usual readings from the books of Moses and from the Prophets, those in charge of the service sent them this message: "Brothers, if you have any word of encouragement for us, come and give it!"
2 Cor. 3:14 (NLT) But the people's minds were hardened, and even to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, a veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ.
1 Tim. 4:13 (NLT) Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers, and teaching them.

On a lighter note...this is what life is like with a couple of sizzlers...Sunday morning we were sitting in church and Isaac leans over to me and says, "Mom, if you think you're a good person, just take off your shoes and smell your feet!" So, he attempted to take his shoes off as we were sitting there! We had a quick lesson in why we DON'T TAKE OUR SHOES OFF IN CHURCH! One never really knows what will come from these boys mouths...but it's usually very entertaining!

I perused the blog community today and found that it's apparently Thankful Thursday...I love that...there's so much to be thankful for. A full life and times of quiet; for boys that are full of ideas, energy, creativity, questions, questions, questions...for a man of God that lays down his life for me and his children, hummingbirds that whiz by my head when I sit on the carport, being able to go places and stay home at the same time. There are so many more...parents that just celebrated their 46th anniversary, all my siblings married to their mate after all their years together...my in-law just celebrating their 50th anniversary...how many people are privileged to have these gifts? I am honored and grateful.


Is anyone else in the southwest having as many problems with red ants as I am!? This is slightly gross, but I opened the fridge to find a trail of ants on the inside of the door!!! When I swept them off with a rag, I got bit! So, I have this stuff that kills them, but they have to take it back to the mother ant (mother ship :)), I think that's what she's called, and I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG, BUT I COULDN'T SPRAY THE INSIDE OF THE FRIDGE EITHER! I did several sweeps, closed the door and then sprayed at the bottom...it took several hours to get this thing straightened out!

I've just come to the place of not allowing these kinds of things to rob me of my joy...yet, if it was a roach, I wonder if I'd think differently...those Ican't tolerate!
I just read today's post from http://www.holyexperience.blogspot.com/ and I am always challenged and encouraged by the way she writes and what she writes. If you get a chance, check it out...hope she doesn't mind me sharing her blog.:)

Goodnite...

No comments: