Tuesday, October 16

The Rain came down...

I woke to the sound of the rain beating down outside my open window this morning. What a pleasant surprise that was.
Last night the boys and I were reading, "Little Britches" and we happened to be on a part where the family is encountering a tornado (they're crawling across the prairie in the storm and they're all tied together so no one is blown away!)...all at once, the lights in the bedroom began to flicker and the fan slowed down and then we heard thunder. I jumped up and shut down the computer because the area we live in has been known to lose power quickly and with lightning and thunder, I didn't want our computer to get zapped. But there was no rain and then the stars came out. So waking to rain was a treat and it also meant that the weather would be cooler today. Atleast that was my hope!
...it's only gotten up to 73 today! What a treat. It's been averaging about 88 everyday lately with high humidity. Wearing a sweater makes me think of NY in the fall.
How I miss my friend, Diane, and going to Alleghany with her, the boys and once and a while her dogs! Can't think about it cuz I'll start crying all over again. Fall in NY is breathtaking. The color of the leaves and trees spread across the mountains is an image that's forever etched in my mind.
Selah.

No comments: