Tuesday, January 8

~Delicious Friendship Amish Bread!~








The fragrance of Amish bread is wafting through our home right now and it smells wonderful...my dear sister, Sandy, from church, gave two sisters and myself a bag with the 'makings' of the future bread and daily we've been 'mashing the bag'! I've even called these sisters a couple of times to ask if they've 'mashed their bags!' On the tenth day, it's time to actually receive the reward of the 'mashing'...kind of like faith...every day we have to 'mash' our 'bag'; then one day, it's time to 'eat' the fruit of our labor...how cool, huh?

I like the fact that it's Friendship bread...Jesus calls us His friends if we do whatsoever He commands us. John 15:13-15 (KJV) says: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. [14] Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. [15] Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." Wow. As His friend, He tells me all the things that He's heard from His Father. What a privilege.
That word, whatsoever, means as (much, great, long, etc.) as :- all (that), as (long, many, much) (as), how great (many, much), [in-] asmuch as, so many as, that (ever), the more, those things, what (great, -soever), wheresoever, wherewithsoever, which, × while, who (-soever). the so you can decide if you really are His friend.


Another thing about the bread that I love is the fact that it's given to a friend. I trust the person giving me this 'mushy-like' substance, I appreciate that she considers me her friend, that she thought of me, and then that her 'seed' is multiplied because after the ten days, there's enough to make three more bags from my original to pass on to those I consider my friends. It is a principle. Math=multiplication...
We know man does not live on bread alone. Yet, as His friend, His Life is in me and that Bread feeds many. He laid down His Life for me, therefore I lay down my life for others.

Never thought I'd get that much from a bag of 'mush'! Friendship is a precious thing, never to be taken for granted. Jesus thought so, I'm convinced. Otherwise, why would he offer us His friendship if it didn't have any value? He raised the bar of the meaning of friendship...makes me wonder if I really am a friend--to Him and others.
Just my pondering.
It was great bread!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

It certainly does look delicious!

Thanks for your encouraging words and scripture. It is really appreciated

Caroline