Thursday, February 28

~A Family Member Gone~

This past week has been tough...yet our Father promised that there is a reward for those who diligently seek Him. We will reap as we continue to sow to the Spirit...
Yesterday we experienced something I believe most moms would rather not have to go through with their children...Caleb's favorite hen, Speckled, died in his arms. She wasn't moving much when they opened the coop and so they put her on a bench to keep an eye on her, held her there and then they put a towel on her to keep her warm, but she kept getting hotter and then finally she fell off the bench and when Caleb picked her up, she passed and ...he yelled, "No, Speckled, don't die." Then he just wept in my arms. .
I tried really hard to hold my tears back for his sake, but the truth is that together we experienced death and for him it was the first time. This was the second chicken gone since Sunday, but hit happened in his arms.
When he prayed a little while later (we'd done it several times to ease his grief), he prayed, "Dear Lord Jesus, I feel sad that I'm more upset about the hen dying than I am for people dying and going to hell"...then he thanked Him for her life and the enjoyment she gave him.
Then this morning we only had seven chickens and I spotted a hawk fly off from the tree by their coop...I yelled and the boys ran out...we grieved again, but later this afternoon, there was a hen roaming around the carport!!! My heart lept for them~!
Tomorrow we're selling them to a homeschool family and our heart is for them to enjoy His gifts just like we have. We believe Speckled died from fear of that hawk...they'll be safe tomorrow.

Here is Caleb with Speckled as a memorial of the sweet times they spent together.

God is teaching my boys to trust Him (and don't we all have learn that?) and I am watching the fruit of my training (that in itself is a gift to me!) and God's faithfulness (Didn't He promise never to leave us or forsake us?).

Caleb came in this morning and said, "I hate the devil." I told him if he wants to fight him to go and worship...he went to his room, turned on the Christian station and blared it and just sang out loudly...he isn't named Caleb for nothin'!

If I'm not around much in the future, it's cuz we've moved and the next chapter has begun...but keep stopping by just to be sure!

Have a great weekend.

daune

No comments: