Friday, September 28

...As the sun sets...


This has been a beautiful day. I sent Caleb for the mail and watched him as he walked down the road. The sun was just setting so i caught it and him as he walked home.
My dear Jef has gone to a film festival tonite in downtown and is rubbing shoulders with movie makers. It's his dream come true to make movies and God has his hand on my best friend's life and heart. I am honored to be his wife and the mother of his kids.
The weather has been cooler (80's instead of 90's!) this evening and so I was able to mow...yippee...the mower is now working better, but the lawn isn't getting smaller...and it's funny how the grass doesn't stay the same height all over when you only cut parts of it at a time. :) I was most grateful that I didn't get attacked by all the ants when I disrupted their hills...oh, and how many hills, too!

Today, the boys and I worked on Nehemiah and the prayer in Ch. 9, the awesomeness of our God and His unfailing love. We discussed the Israelites and how when they piled up the dead frogs, how bad the stench was, as well as the night the angel of death was coming and they were dressed, with their walking stick in one hand and eating with the other one...it reminded us of Nehemiah and how they had their weapons in one hand ready to fight and worked with the other and how they did all this as a family, just like in Exodus...
We got eight eggs today and that delighted the boys...they would keep those hens in their room if we let them...Isaac hides his favorite one in his shirt, which obviously isn't hidden well at all, but he tries to bring her in to play with. They swing with them on their swing, jump on the trampoline with them, as well.
My best friend came home with a gift for me...better than flowers, if you can imagine. He brought me a photography book from Borders! MY sweetie knows me and what tickles my fancy and how to love me. I'm forever grateful for him.
Sleep well.
daune

2 comments:

Karyn Walker said...

I am encouraged by God when I see other families "on the same page".
What I mean is that we,like Nehemiah and the Israelites, are ready to have a sword in one hand and work with the other. This is "taking back the Kingdom"kind of work.........but we get like those people in the pods in that movie The Matrix.....we can so often be clueless as to what is really happening in our little scenario/home...........that there is another "dimension" we need to be operating in. It is so important to surround ourselves with families that can come together and pray with us........pick up their swords, help heal our wounds, and fight the fight with us. Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers.

Karyn Walker said...

Your photos are beautiful.