Monday, September 17

...Is it me, or does time seem to be whizzing by and the seasons beginning to change? Where did the weekend go? On Saturday, I yardsaled for a little while, we took turns fighting with the lawn mower that kept dying, and we're still not finished, cleaned out the car and then we were wore out. We spent Sunday with our church family and after the boys went to bed last night, we spent time talking together, discussing our life, and praying together. Great end to the weekend, but it was way too short. How I long for the day when my dear husband and I are together and serving the kingdom together...it won't be too long from now, I'm sure.
Our son, Dan, is moving down here with his fiance', Jackie, in a couple of weeks and it only seems like yesterday that he came for a visit, but it was the first week of June. We are extremely excited to be together again after many years of him being gone to another place far away from us. And we're also looking forward to getting to know his fiance' and making her a part of our family.
Friday nite we watched, "Miss Potter", the story of Beatrix Potter...I enjoyed it and the scenery was breathtaking...if you get a chance, check it out...it's based on her life and the children enjoyed it, as well.
Of course, I take tons of pictures on Sunday with our family and I was playing around with little feet and came up with these...

She's so little that her skin is still peeling from the birth!


There's so much to share, but time forbids me right now.
I will say, tho, that this season has been one of learning to stand on the Word of God for every issue and that His joy is my strength. Only His Word and His promises will carry us through to victory; not any material thing, any relationship, any gift or talent, nor any amount of money or pleasure...without His joy, we lose sight of the big picture. It's not about us, it's about Him and His purposes in the earth through us. Finding Life, joy, contentment, peace and security in knowing HIM. Now cogitate on that one a while and see what happens...could be good, could be more struggles because we realize we're resisting the reality of Him being all we ever need...

2 comments:

Rachy said...

BABY FEET!! way too cute! great shot mom!

Daune (pronounced Dawn) said...

Thanks Rachy...I wonder, may I someday take the same kind of pictures of our grandchild? That would be so fun!