Tuesday, January 1

~Happy New Year!~

A new year and with it come fresh ideas, plans, goals and visions that I have for our family and my life.
I lay in bed this morning dreaming of what I am asking the Father to work out in my life this coming year.
But before I go on to the new year, I want to recap all the wonderful things Jesus Christ did for us and me this past year.
I am so grateful that I have my camera because I can actually remember a lot of the events based on the pix I took, despite the fact that I didn't get it until April. Before that, I recall that Rachael, Peter and Hailey came in March. My friend, Nancy, also came at the end of March and we all went to the coast and the boys swam in the ocean...I want to include a pix of that, for sure.

Then in June, which was a hard month for me physically, our son, Dan, came for the first time and we had such a great visit.

I messed up the plane ticket for him by putting Jef's name on it, since I'd never done that before and the online ticket company, Priceline, said we couldn't have another ticket or our money back (they were sooo rude)...but Our God is faithful! We were awarded all our money back (that took a couple of months) and Dan still came the very next day he was supposed to originally come when Josh got him a ticket. That was amazing!
Another wonderful thing was learning to believe the Word of God, even if EVERYTHING I 'SAW' AROUND ME WAS SCREAMING THE OPPOSITE. I'd been in the hosp. three times, once for a blood transfusion and every time I went to the ER they told me I needed to have a hysterectomy and I'd cry out to God for answers and just believe, despite what I'd heard...after two months of waiting to finally see my own dr., he reassured me I DID NOT NEED a hysterectomy and apologized for the sloppiness of the ER and the way they'd treated me...I admit that I could not seem to shake the lies, but when he sat with me and Jef and said I was not going to get cancer from the bleeding I'd had, I saw clearly how the enemy had tried, almost successfully, to rob me of my lfe...I'd stopped doing anything, thinking that it would make things worse and I just sat around...I felt like I'd gotten my life back.

Another wonderful thing that occurred was our Equadorian daughter, Paulina, that lived with us over eleven years ago came for a visit. God worked out all the details for her to come while she was visiting family in Florida. She took a bus to see us! We had a beautiful time with her and she got to meet the twins for the first time.

Then there were all the parties and fun things we did with our church...like Memorial day...

No comments: