Wednesday, January 2

Ponderings...

I have been thinking about what exactly to write tonite...

Perhaps I could elaborate on what I've gathered from the few blogs that I have visited lately...nah, you can read them yourself by going to my fav's and reading their entries...I could write about a few of my favorite things, but then I was thinking about how I only seem to talk about 'me' and who really cares about what I think anyway? Then I (notice all the I's?)...well, anyway... So, I'll just ponder a while and you can join me if you like!

...there's the beautiful birds that are now visiting the bird baths that were out all summer and only a bird or two came for a drink...today, there' been bathing going on all day! And the temps aren't very warm, either....don't think it got up past 54 today...

Tonite was the first New Year cell group back at our home and it was a stirring study about leaving the old and striving toward the new...in Jesus, not our human abilities, credentials, heritage, anything that we would or could find any security in other than in knowing Him, sharing in His sufferings, and somehow to obtain to the resurrection from the dead. The place we're all headed, one way or another, ya know.

This morning, the boys and I were reading a book called, "Created for Work" by Bob Schultz and this particular chapter was on working on your exit strategy...seeing things done before you even begin. For example, seeing a job finished and how that helps to get the job done excellently...also, like marriage, our life, knowing that one day our only exit strategy is death and having that worked out before we get there...and then there was the truth that the only exit strategy for marriage is death...so, if that's the case, what am I doing in order to ensure that the life I have now is one where I'm giving my everything for the day I exit and say goodbye to the people I love the most, that care for me the most and the people that Jesus Christ has brought into my life for His purposes? I tell you, it made the boys sit up in their chairs and think a little differently!

Then we're also reading Ray Comfort's book, "101 Lessons on Biblical Evangelism" and today's lesson was on the fourth commandment, "Keep the Sabbath day Holy" and ya know, it all goes back to our hearts...He is driving the point home that our hearts are what He wants...He is so consistent, faithful, and persistant.

Trying to be a good person, keep all the laws, and the Jews had 610-613, depending on who you're talking to, is impossible...yet, we keep trying...do this, don't do that, do it only this way, wear only this kind of clothing, teach your children 'this' way, and on and on...and those are the ones we've made up, not the ones in the Old Testament...but the point remains...when are we going to get the memo that Jesus paid the penalty for all our sins and that our response is to yield to Him and allow Him to be the Lord over our lives...totally, completely, no matter what we want? I am digesting these truths and have been for a long time. But, lately, I must say, the Potter has had this vessel on His wheel and turned up the heat several notches in order to remove these impurities so He can establish His kingdom-righteousness, joy and peace- (the rule and reign of God)-in my heart and then, as a result, I, in turn, pass that on to others, particularly these precious boys He's entrusted us with!

It's very late and though I'm enjoying the quiet and the opportunity to actually reflect without interruptions, I should say good nite and encourage you to begin with the end in mind; it will change how you think about the job for the day!

It wouldn't be me if I didn't atleast try to post one pic!

No comments: