Monday, January 7

Raising Boys!

For those of you that have a boy at home, is it not a gift to raise a boy? I mean, the reality that he will care for his own family as well as carry the torch of the faith of his father! For example, Jesus...He was a carpenter, just like his earthly father. Yet, He only served in that 'field' until His time came to fulfill the purpose for which he was created~to die for you and me and then resurrect to bring glory to His Father in heaven.
These boys we're raising now are carriers of the anointing of the God of Heaven's armies and if that's not a sobering task, I don't know what is! To intercede on their behalf and listen to the most Holy Spirit to know the direction to take them daily is my heart's cry.
We took a walk today to speak of and view God's world and how they fit into it...it was also a time of discussing things pertaining to life and death; choices, consequences of those who've gone before them, good or bad...I love those times when they can think, pretend they're David with a slingshot (Caleb made one from a rag and I had to watch him constantly to be sure I didn't accidentally get hit in the head with an 'off course' rock!) and I can show them how to see things that are sometimes hidden...
Oh, I want to share what happened yesterday. We were on our way home from church and there, in the road, was a retriever...I was certain it was Berakah...we pulled over and I kept calling, "Berakah, Fuski" in the tone of voice we always spoke to her and she wagged her tail and I began to cry...she was way down the road from where we live, and people came out walking down their long driveway as I yelled, "Is this your dog?" To which they answered, 'No'; Then I yelled, "Did you find her?" To which they answered, "Yes"...my heart began to leap...tears began to well up in my eyes, thinking the entire time...'my dog... I can't believe how much I missed my dog.'
Well, when the people got to me, and me them, I looked at her and she was acting strange...I kept thinking, "she doesn't remember me!" I told the lady, "I'll know if she is my dog by the problems on her skin..."
Well, she lay down and I started to rub her stomach and check her out and then that dog bit me!...I knew right then it wasn't my Berakah...I had allowed myself to come unglued only to discover that it wasn't her...and I'd gotten bit in the process...I cried off and on all the way home, asking myself why this was such an issue...I thought I'd gotten over her being gone...it's been almost a year and yet I found my soul was still attached to the point that I was ready to get a Retriever puppy without any forethought...my dear husband said that if I couldn't just look, not to bother, because it wasn't the right time to get a puppy...I submitted to Jef and then the lady said that there were puppies, but not Retrievers...so, I was ok (it had been hard to let it go at first and I wanted Jef to say, "Sure, Babe, go ahead and see if it's what you want!), then, cuz that's the kind I am looking for. It was such a strange feeling to miss something that you thought you'd gotten over with...I'm sure that's the way it is with a person you loved and lost...I have no idea what that's like. My gramma was so far away from me for so long and when I did visit her, she had Alshiemer's and didn't even know anyone anymore. That was sad, but I only have fond memories of her and she was the instrument God used to lead me to Him...I anticipate the day we dance before the Lord together.
Well, that's all for today.
Enjoy your evening.

No comments: