Thursday, January 24

~Tuesdays with Ashley~


It's becoming more and more clear why THE only foundation any believer can have that will stand the tests of life is Truth, the Words of our God and the revelation of Jesus Christ as the chief cornerstone. (This should be a no-brainer, ya know?)
We HAVE TO HAVE Truth define us, not experience, talents, abilities, passion, house, job, children, career, anything that would exalt itself above the knowledge of God.
We just watched, "Tuesdays with Morrie" and a little truth mixed with some lies makes for a faulty belief system for anyone that thought that movie explained the mystery of life and death...yes, there was the reality that the main character, Mitch, was wasting his life, he was full of selfishness, etc, but when he visits Morrie, who's dying and Morrie begins to speak 'truth' to Mitch, Morrie misses the most important thing...the reality is that, yes, we all die. But we're really already dead without Jesus. The only way to live is to repent and receive Life. We either live forever in His presence by believing in Him - or suffer forever in hell away from His presence in darkness where the worms eat us and the fire is not quenched. Check this out:
Mark 9:47-49 (NLT)
And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It is better to enter the Kingdom of God half blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 'where the worm never dies and the fire never goes out.' "For everyone will be purified with fire.
John 8:24 (NLT)
That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am who I say I am, you will die in your sins."
John 8:51 (NLT)
I assure you, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!"
Jesus paid the penalty for our sin so we can live forever and only if we die do we experience that...die to our desires, our will, pick up our cross and follow Him and give up everything.- Luke 14:33 (NLT)
So no one can become my disciple without giving up everything for me...
...then we really can live. So, yes, Morrie was right when he said that in order to live you have to know how to die. But he missed the whole point...die to what? I understand the Truth to be that One man died so we all could live...so in His death comes our life.
I had to get these thoughts out because the first time I watched that movie I cried. I mean really cried and this time I saw through the emotional attachment of losing someone to the reality that we only go around once and we have to have the designer of Truth give us the truth. If there is architecture, then there must be an architect. There is a designer and He has designed us to know Him and Truth. Why live a lie? I'm done with that...done that too long and wasted too much time.

I titled the post, "Tuesdays with Ashley" because we've been having a sweet sister over on Tuesday nites and this past Tuesday she brought a friend and the Life that we shared brought death to places in their hearts that were alive and needed to die and life to those places that were dead and needed Life. I watched as He took His Word and revealed His love to each of them and How irresistable is that love.

Thank God for His passionate love for us, each one of us. Revel in it...

No comments: