Thursday, February 21

~Time Is Running Out~

Check out what Josh did for me so you can see this cute little guy!




The month is ending and we're leaving . The soul sadness I am experiencing can not compare to the glory I shall experience when I see Jesus and He says, "Well done".


That is what comforts me.


Today as I sat at my window with my Bible and notebook journaling, I watched a gopher or some earth digger-upper greet me for a morning chat. He was so engrossed in what he was doing, he gave me a few glances before he continued his laborious work of chewing, digging and changing the landscape I was looking at. Mine were the words, questions, and he would stop, look over, stare at me and then continue on. I was enthralled by his beauty and his determination to chew whatever it was that was necessary for his life to go on. He was fulfilling his purpose in this world...that's what I am to be about. But sometimes that purpose gets blurred by the tears I cry for myself in pity because I want things to be different-like moving, change, times of intense squeezing, the refining of my faith...


I read yesterday that my faith is more precious to my Father than gold, which is refined by fire. So the testings I go through are to strengthen my faith, cause me to bring honor and glory to Him by believing that He is for me, loves me, is working, and will make me just like Jesus...


Deut. 10:12 says:
"And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you? He requires you to fear him, to live according to his will, to love and worship him with all your heart and soul, [13] and to obey the Lord's commands and laws that I am giving you today for your own good. [14] The highest heavens and the earth and everything in it all belong to the Lord your God. [15] Yet the Lord chose your ancestors as the objects of his love. And he chose you, their descendants, above every other nation, as is evident today. [16] Therefore, cleanse your sinful hearts and stop being stubborn. [17] "The Lord your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords. He is the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and takes no bribes. [18] He gives justice to orphans and widows. He shows love to the foreigners living among you and gives them food and clothing. [19] You, too, must show love to foreigners, for you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt. [20] You must fear the Lord your God and worship him and cling to him. Your oaths must be in his name alone. [21] He is your God, the one who is worthy of your praise, the one who has done mighty miracles that you yourselves have seen. [22] When your ancestors went down into Egypt, there were only seventy of them. But now the Lord your God has made you as numerous as the stars in the sky!"


This passage keeps it in perspective for me. My job is to fear Him, love Him, obey Him...


Remember to let me know if you want to stay connected. I probably won't change this blog until after we move.


Have a great day.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Duane,

I hope you don't mind me asking if I can have access to your blog. I really enjoy reading it as it is so edifying.

I pray that your move goes really well.

Regards

Caroline

Caroline said...

Hi Daune,

Thanks for your comments. There are two dollars to the pound so our neighbour's car that was stolen was worth 60,000 dollars approx.

The cake my son made is one that I have made for years with the children as it is so easy to make as you just put all the ingredients in a bowl together and mix. Here is the recipe:

Honey and sultana cake

Ingreds
350g/120z self-raising flour sifted with 1/2 tsp mixed spice and 1 tsp ground ginger
115g/4oz caster sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
225g/8oz warmed honey
150ml/1/4 pint warm water
2 medium eggs
115g/4oz sultanas
Method
Preheat oven to 140 degrees c/275 f/ Gas 1.
Grease a 20cm/8in loaf/cake tin
Add the liquids and eggs to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Fold in the sultanas. Place mixture in tin and bake for 2- 21/4 hours. Cool on wire rack. Improves with keeping when wrapped in foil.

Have a good week end

Best wishes and God bless you

Caroline