Tuesday, March 18

~What We Deserve~

What does your family do to remember the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ? We have never done baskets with bunnies or eggs, but we have taken the kids to the park before the sun came up and watched it rise on a hill and then ate together at one of the picnic tables...We make a point to spend the week reading over again the sequence of events that led to His death and then the best part..."He's Alive"...
Lately, one tradition we've had is to watch "The Passion of the Christ" DVD, usually with friends. I just love discussing the reality of what Jesus did for us with our boys and with others. I remember the first time we went to see it...I couldn't speak for about twenty minutes afterward. What is your take on the depiction of Jesus death in that film?
My favorite parts are when Jesus crushes the snake in the garden as well as the end when He is alive. Our faith is not in vain. He holds the Universe in His hands. He holds me in His hand and I am safe and secure.
Actually, Resurrection Sunday is the best 'holyday' of the year as well as the best holiday, to be sure. It was finally finished; death no longer has its talons in us. We are free, liberated, made clean, and can sit in Daddy's lap once again, just like in the garden...eating every delicious fruit that He created just for our pleasure.
This year, I would really like to celebrate "Easter" differently, but I'm not sure how. I think I'll make it a prayer priority this week. What would bless Him by the way we celebrate His day, His sacrifice and His deliverance? Perhaps dancing wouldn't be enough, but it's a start...
Come to think of it...as a family, the core of our home is Jesus. Everything we do is focused, centered and driven by our heart to know Him...if we didn't follow Jesus, we'd be shallow, empty, useless for eternity.
Now, to only drive that home to the world around us. We live it inside, but I know that, with our words, His love compels us to take it outside these four walls ...getting it right inside is imperative, but it can't end there, ya know...so, perhaps this Easter, my greatest desire to see those lost around me experience this same Resurrected Jesus by my witnessing to them will bless Him the most.
Forever learning to die to self,
daune

No comments: