Tuesday, December 25

Merrrry Christmassssssss!!!!!!!

Well, the day has come to a close and what a full holiday it has been...
We didn't leave church on Sunday until 7:45 pm! There was the service, which, as usual was extremely anointed and convicting, there was a little girl's dance recital and then dinner followed by Cleto Rodriguez toasting everyone and we even had a 'snow ball' fight with white confetti and what a blast that was! Once we finished off the bags, we got down on the floor and just picked it up and started all over again...Well, oh my gosh...there will be confetti in that church until we die! It was so fun to celebrate Christmas with our family. Then we left and had to hit Wal-Mart one more time-AAHH! So, there I am walking around with confetti lodged in my hair and no way of getting it out....but I had my dress on from the morning, so it looked very festive! We were up until midnite, I think, trying to catch up for the next day and then yesterday we had a birthday party that we actually had to leave before it was over so we could clean up the house to get ready for all the big boys and Jackie to come and spend the nite. We were up until 2:30 this morning and then by 8 sharp, Isaac knocked on our door to remind us that it was Christmas and we needed to get up...he knows the tradition...we don't open any gifts until daddy has his coffee...so, he decided to 'help' by filling the filter to the top with grounds! Fortunately, Jef got to it before he started it!
It's been a quiet day...I thought we were in trouble when I went to put the turkey in the oven and discovered there was no foil! I put it in the oven last nite at 200 degrees and let it stay on all nite and when some child dialed our no. at 7:15, I jumped up to answer it and I got to listen to children in the background talking and playing with their toys and I kept saying, "hello, hello." I hung up and realized that I should check the bird and that we probably had turkey jerky since I had had nothing to cover that thing with~! But, Praise God, it was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside! So, dinner was saved after all and I went back to bed while it cooled and then Iman woke us up anyway forty-five minutes later. All I had to make was mashed potatoes, and throw the frozen veges in a bowl...mic them and we ate at about 3ish...Dan made his 'specialty eggs', but I didn't care for them! It was a gift to not have to cook breakfast, tho, and for that I was most grateful!
I realize that I'm not making paragraphs here, but I'm still so tired. And you don't care, right?
I did speak to my daughter and granddaughter today...Hailey said a bunch of words, but I still don't have the gift of interpretation with her tongues yet! Rachael told me she knew they were going to the grampa that asks her if she wants to take a nap! She knew my dad...that is so awesome...Is she not the most brilliant child?! Absolutely...
Rachael did call and speak to the boys before we woke up and they were tickled to talk to her.
I forgot to say that Sunday, Caleb went forward for prayer and he said the anointing touched his heart and that God spoke to him and told him that it doesn't matter what you look like to other people around you when you worship Him with all your heart...he was weeping when he came back to his seat...I am in awe when I see what the power of God does in a child...particularly mine! His Word does the work...our part is to position our kids where it's the priority of their life...He does the work.
Relax tomorrow and enjoy Him...

No comments: